Monday, May 02, 2011

A wildcrafted luncheon

This is what we ate one afternoon this past weekend: wild morels sauteed in butter, wilted dandelion greens with balsamic vinegar, chickweed and violet salad with pomegranate dressing.

So wonderful!


This little chicks are out of the house and into the coop outside, though they are still small enough to slip through the holes in the run fencing, so we keep them in the coop during the day while the big chickens roam the run.  They have a heat lamp hooked up to keep them from getting a chill over night and seem to be doing just fine, despite the pecks and pokes from the big girls asserting their dominance.


The young ducklings are doing very well, and now have names!  The two Khaki Campbells are Squish and Squash, the fawn male runner duck is Roadrunner, and the blue female runner is Coyote.  They all peep excitedly and stand up on their tip-toes when we enter the room with the brooder, I think they know that I'm mommy :)



I had my first day at my new job today.  It was full of paperwork and presentations on patient safety, compliance and confidentiality, blah blah blah.  Tomorrow I'll be orienting in the ER, so hopefully it will be more interesting!


1 comment:

S said...

looking lovely! is that the inside of the coop that you showed us? Looks much roomier than I pictured. How fast the babies grow eh? :)