Sunday, October 30, 2011

If it weren't for this snow...

... I'd be in costume, dancing my little heart out to dubstep on a permanently docked battleship on the river that runs along the city.  Above, what it looked like this morning when we still planned to go to the party.  Below, several hours later, when we gave up hope and the power started flickering as tree branches fell all around us.

Unfortunately, we got about 4" of wet, freezy snow dumped on us today.  Our roads turned to death-traps, our biggest pawpaw tree AND our party tree that was strung with candle lanterns for our wedding split in two under the weight of the snow clinging to their still-green leaves.  Two of our chickens are MIA. 

However, the woodstove is doing an excellent job of keeping the whole house toasty.  I'm no longer vomiting every time I eat like I was just 24 hours ago.  We're safe, warm, and together... and we even still have electricity.  Things could be much worse.

No comments: