Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's my Birthday!

And I'll play with snappers if I want to!!  Found this baby snapping turtle in the stream.  He's a mean, mean little dude.  Hoping he moves on downstream before he gets big enough to hurt our duck friends.

Yes, the General comes into the kitchen for breakfast sometimes.  Don't judge me.




Here is our little chicken tractor, built and in operation!  It seems to be working well, though I have a hard time collecting eggs that are laid in there because Fritz, our nasty rooster, tries to scratch my face off every time I do.  We have to wait until they're all asleep to get in there and find the eggs.

Taters are growing nicely!


Peas, and behind them, squash.


Tomatoes and basil.



The peas we planted in the greenhouse are thriving.

Today I'll be planting out more peppers and tomatoes, and clearing out the bolted salad greens from the greenhouse beds.  I have carrots, peas, chard and kale to harvest from in there too!

No comments: