Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy

The storm is moving in, and the pond is just about to overflow its banks and join with the surging stream that runs alongside our property.  So far we still have power (obviously!), but I don't expect that to last through the night with the way the wind is howling out there.  I am due in to work at 0700, and am nervous about the possibility of driving at pretty much the exact time the storm will be right on top of our area.  I got a voicemail from my work stating that the hospital has "declared an emergency" and no staff are permitted to leave until their relief arrives until further notice... which means that come hell or high water, I'd better make it in tomorrow. 

So here's hoping that the gutters stay attached to the barn, the trees remain rooted and upright, and the roads stay clear of debris and flood waters!

No comments: