Thursday, September 30, 2010

annnnnnddd I'm sick.

Sigh.
Went to work last night, and sudden got the "whoa, I don't feel good" blues.  Nausea, sweats and chills, an a burning churning tummyache were shortly followed by vomiting.  I stayed until after 3am anyway, because our floor was insanely busy and I simply couldn't leave my coworkers with an absolute sh*tstorm.  I assessed all my patients, gave out all their meds, completed my admission, did all the paperwork and documentation, all punctuated by episodes of placing toiletseat covers on the floor of the bathroom so I could kneel before the porcelain throne and hurl.  I somehow managed to change diapers, dressings, and IV bags while smiling at my patients and faking a calm sense of wellbeing (I think I missed my calling as an actress).  Then I crawled into my car and drove home seeking my bed. 
I feel like crap. 

In other news, a nice steady, heavy rain is falling, the kind that we were missing all summer long.  My fall garden is drinking deeply.  I planted *correction: replanted after the bed was destroyed by a poorly behaved dog* romaine and salad leaf lettuces, spinach, and tatsoi. Yet to find its place in the ground are my two types of garlic and the green manure cover crop seed I purchased to sow in the tomato bed.  Leaning against the house right now are three old windowframes that need to be stripped of their paint and sealed before they become the ceiling of my little coldframe. 

All of this will wait until I am able to eat without feeling like I'm on a small boat on choppy ocean waters.  Until then, I have three very sweet and friendly kittens who simply can't believe their good fortune that they have someone to snuggle with all day long today. 

No comments: