Friday, September 17, 2010

Eggplant be warned!

I've had a bushel of eggplant sitting on my kitchen counter for over a week.  So far, I've only prepared six of them.  I'm having a very hard time motivating myself to take the hour out of my day to peel, slice, bread, and freeze all of those buggers for future eggplant parmesan.  I'm intimidated, which is silly, because while they have numbers in their favorite, I have the knives. 
Sigh.
Today, I WILL finish off that bushel, if it is the last thing I do.
I will also roast the pumpkin I carved up tonight for soup.  And I will toast its seeds to a perfectly crispy salty finish. 
I will bake bread.
I will then clean up the ridiculous mess that is sure to be created by all of this kitchen activity, take a shower, and open a bottle of wine.
Today is the day, no more excuses!!!!!

1 comment:

S said...

I am impressed by your stick-to-it-ness. I have rotting cucumbers in my fridge, between dealing with the kids and homeschooling, I can't seem to keep up with the canning and sadly veggies will only wait so long! I need to put my guys to work. I have said so many times. "If you were living in pioneer times you would have been up at 5:00 or earlier and you would have done "X, Y, Z" by this point".. it's not working so far. LOL