Monday, November 14, 2011

It has begun...

...I am starting to seriously look at BSN programs.  The hospital I work for just increased its tuition assistance amount for full time employees, and since I've decided that I'm going to be there for a few years, I might as well take advantage of it.  Mind you, I'm not really looking forward to it.  The concept of full time school on top of full time work is rather overwhelming.  But if I want to further my career, and get paid more (I took a significant pay cut when I took this job in the ER), I need to pursue a higher degree.  And I should work on becoming a Certified Emergency Nurse (even though if we're honest, we know that any nurse who works in the ER has to be certifiable).

I'm going to aim to start classes next Fall.  Maybe by then I'll be feeling enthused?

No comments: