Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The unwritten rule...

It seems that there is a rule that on days that I must work, the weather will be sunny and 60 degrees.... on days that I have off, it will be pouring rain and 40 degrees.  Hrrmph.  I am aching to get out there to continue work on the vegetable garden plot, but it would seem that the weather gods have other plans. 

We were so hoping to tap some black walnut trees to make syrup this year, but it would seem that somehow we missed the boat on that one.  Maybe next year!  I cannot help but feel a twinge of guilt when I drop the ball on things like this... but then I remind myself that it will only have been one year since we closed on this property, and we can't do everything all at once.  This year, tapping trees just wasn't a priority.  Maybe next year.

Either way, it's Leap Day, and that means that tomorrow we are entering March.  Spring is a few short weeks away, and before long I'll be complaining about the heat instead of the chill.  I can't wait!

No comments: