Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Preparedness stocking stuffer swap

This amazing idea to pack up preparedness supplies and send them to a like-minded stranger, as detailed here http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/11/2010-preparedness-stocking-stuffer-swap.html got me all excited.  Tonight I went to the hardware store and procured the $20 worth of goodies I'll be sending to some lady in Georgia tomorrow:

2 emergency blankets
2 packs of waterproof matches
1 pack of regular mouth canning lids
1 LED flashlight with a pack of batteries
3 packs of seeds: spinach, romaine, pickle cucumbers
1 pair of gardening gloves
1 roll of garden twine

It ended up not looking like a whole lot, but I think it's a nice little package of necessities.  I had been planning to pack some first aid supplies as well, like bandaids, antibiotic ointment, rehydration salts, etc... but I hit the $20 cap before I even started in on that.  Next year, maybe!

No comments: