Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Solstice Eclipse

Last night my Honeybunch and I observed the total lunar eclipse from our backyard.  It was gorgeous.  It looked like a darker eclipse than the last one two years ago.  We got the extra treat of seeing a meteor streak slowly across the southern sky.  Beautiful.  It was too cold to sit outside and watch the transition from start to finish, so we bundled up and went out every twenty minutes or so to observe the changes.  What an amazing thing, to see the moon cycle through all of its phases in one night. 

It is now officially winter, which means one thing to me: the days are getting longer, and Spring is getting closer. 

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, lucky you! :) I bet it was simply amazing.

I had my tripod and obnoxiously huge lens all ready, and my heart full of hope that our clouds would clear. Hope wasn't enough.