Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Uh oh...

The weather is supposed to warm up to 65 degrees on Friday.  This can mean only one thing.  Spring is on the way, you guess?  Nope.  Time to get back out to the woods to begin training for the mud run this summer?  Wrong again.  Seed-starting time?  Negative.

It means I'm getting sick.

Each time there's a swing in the weather like this, I'm sure to get sick.  And today I woke up nauseated, and I'm currently winding down my shift at work with a persistent tickle in my throat and a nagging dry cough.  I'm hoping it doesn't evolve into something dreadful, since I have more than 20 hours of work left in the next two days and no time to rest.... and with the nice weather moving in, I'd love to have a date with my Honeybunch running in the woods on Friday.  I'll start my herbal regimen and hope for this best when I get home this morning.

Oh yes, and Happy belated Valentine's Day.  I woke up to vases of orange gerber daisies and what I think are blue star sea holly.  Such a lovely little surprise.  We did not celebrate, given that I had to work a 12-hour shift.  We'll probably go out to dinner sometime this weekend for a treat, but Valentine's Day isn't a big deal to us.  We try to be loving and appreciative of one another on a daily basis... and the fact that the average American spends over $100/year on Valentine's Day merchandise kind of frightens me.

No comments: