Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Worst patient ever.

Nurses really do make the worst patients.
That tickle in my throat evolved into "omg I'm going to die I can't stand this discomfort anymore" in a matter of hours.  Sore throat, post-nasal drip, tight chest, fever... I spent all of yesterday in bed, moaning and hacking up nasty stuff and eating popsicles.  I had to call out from work (the second time in two weeks, I can't believe it) because I was still febrile come evening time.  Today I'm a bit better, my fever is still hanging on (a nagging 99.2 degrees), but I'm going into work in a few minutes anyway, because I'm afraid they'll kill me if I miss another night. 

I feel so bad for Honeybunch when I get sick.  I am one of the most whiney, pain-in-the-ass sick people you can imagine.  I doubt he got any sleep last night for my tossing, turning, hacking, coughing, sniffling and sweating. 

In other news, our beehive parts arrived!  I'm hoping for good weather and good health this weekend so we can begin assembling it.


That's a lot of little wooden parts!

 I also placed one of our nursery orders, taking advantage of a sale at Gurney's, for a standard gala apple tree, a standard Liberty apple tree, and some lettuce and Roma tomato seeds.  I'm waiting to place the BIG one, our Miller's order, which will contain the rest of the fruit trees, berries and asparagus plants.  I've whittled it down to what I believe will require a manageable amount of space, work, and cash for our first year.  It was waaayyy too easy to get overexcited and want to order too much, too fast!

Well, I'm off to work... here's hoping that these 12 hours don't set me back in my progress towards wellness.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com