Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Latest sunrise of the year

This morning's sunrise came at 7:22am, the latest sunrise of the year.  Sunsets have been coming later for a few weeks now, but now the days will truly feel like they're getting longer as we gain light at both the beginning and the end of the day.  It will be enjoyable to feel sunlight on my skin again.  I often leave work, look up at the colorful eastern sky and think to myself, "what a curious ball of burning gas there is up there, I wonder what it is called..."

It's a new year.  2010 is over, and what a year it was.  I got my first nursing job, traveled to more festivals all over the east coast than I can count right now, and got engaged to my most beloved Honeybunch.  I ran a 10k adventure race.  I ate strictly local food for a full six months, learned water-bath canning, and tripled the size of our flock of chickens.  I saved lives, soothed broken hearts, and bore witness to the most incredible extremes of human strength and weakness.  I sit here in awe of my blessings.  I am grateful for this past year.


2011 is well underway, and I am so excited to see what it brings.  This year, I will marry the man I love most.  Together we will find the perfect place to build our home together, and we'll make it our own.  Honeybunch has just accepted an exciting new job offer that is to begin later this month.  Bright new things are on the horizon for us, and three cats, and our crew of Chickiechickiepeeperpants.  The possibilities are endless. 

I am grateful for this upcoming year, with all of its risks and unknowns. 

No comments: