Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Happy Card

This week's summary of ten things that bring me joy:

1. Getting my taxes and multiple professional license renewals OUT OF THE WAY for 2011. 
2. Kittens cuddling in a pile at the foot of the bed, complete with dream-induced toe and ear twitches.
3. Mid-winter dinners full of summertime foods preserved at their peak: pierogies, sweet corn, string beans, vanilla cupcakes spread with sour cherry preserves, and raspberry mead. 
4. Honeybunch rigging the fishtank up with a remote control operated LED light show.
5. Iron and Wine.
6. Silly chickens roosting the fig tree just because it warmed up to 37 degrees.
7. Making herbal tea for my Honeybunch.
8. Lots of blankets on the bed on cold, cold nights.
9. Baguette.
10. Knowing that after I go back to get my third and final cavity filled, I won't have to return to the dentist for a whole year :)

No comments: